Thursday, October 09, 2008

My Auntie's Purty Flowers for Her Yellowstone Wedding

My auntie really likes the anemone, however, it's completely out of season right now, so we chose white and blue scabiosa as a substitute since the bloom well matches the large swirl-like centers of the flower design featured in the lace of her wedding dress, much like the anemone would have.

Surprisingly, it turns out I kinda failed to take any real pictures of the arrangements I'd made - - ?!? I uploaded my photos and discovered I only have a few shots and none of them were particularly thought out or well focused. For instance, I have zero close-ups of any of the personal flowers I'd made for either the groom or the parents of the bride and groom! Here's what I do have though, including a pic showing the bulk flowers we'd claimed them in Jackson Hole, stashed in the hatch trunk of our car after, to then be driven to Old Faithful with the AC blasting in order to keep the flowers cool and to prevent any wilting. It was pretty comical actually. It was 56 degrees outside and the inside of our car was cooler than that - - my honey-man wore his fleece with the collar up around his neck and ears and I had two sweaters on. Both our noseys were running, we were so cold in the car! We kept laughing about it the whole way to Old Faithful. It made the final stretch of our drive to Yellowstone particularly memorable.

Loosely arranged table vase bouquets made with fragrant white stock flower, both light and dark blue delphinium, both purple and white lisianthus, both blue and white scabiosa, white button mums and fragrant white spray roses. The water for the vases was slightly tinted a light periwinkle blue.
The bride's bouquet - made with white scabiosa as the feature flower with white spray roses as the core filler and white lisianthus and nummy-smelling freesia peeking out between the scabiosa blooms.
I chose jelly jars with tea lites as the candle holders in an effort to compliment the mason jars we used as the vases for the table flowers... This pic is meant to show how the jelly jars cast a charming candle light pattern on the table's surface.
The following close-ups are of the table flower vase arrangement we brought home from us. Although all the darker delphinium lost all its petals by Monday, the arrangement is still on our kitchen table, a week since it was put together and it's still lovely.

No comments: