Friday, October 24, 2008

I Voted... and then I Hit a Car

Last Thursday, I went to a nearby local grocery store to vote early. I'd brought a book with me, but it took no more than 15 minutes. As I had selected my choices, I found myself vehclempted. I was almost giddy. After I had scanned through my ballot, I selected the last button to submit and finalize my votes, and I observed that I was feeling almost euphoric... I really was delighted with my decision to exercise my right to vote, and do to so early, skipping the the hours of waiting in a long line. As I walked out to my car, I thought of this baby growing inside me and realized that voting is something I must do not only for myself, but for her. And I got all teary again... and then I thought, "Geesh! Am I hormonal or what?"

As I pulled onto the main street from the grocery store parking lot, I approached the upcoming intersection, moving right, towards a right-turn merging lane. The car ahead of me had begun his move to merge, but hit his brakes as I'd rolled forward for what I'd thought would be my turn next. The damage to my car was nada, but his? May just need a new paint job on the bumper, so not too bad, but definitely not something I needed right now. Will be about $400.

So yeah, I voted, and then, driving apparently impaired, high from voting, I hit a car. This was me by the end of that day...

No comments: