Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Why I Love Mah Honey-Man ~ Reason 25

Because my honey-man went to not one or two, but ELEVEN different restaurants last Saturday night in search of a mushroom & swiss burger or some other satisfactory meal option for me!?! See, after finishing the garage that day, we went together to go feed the kitty of a friend of ours who's been out of town, and while driving there, we realized we were super hungry... And I told him I was really jones'n for a mushroom & swiss burger, like the one we'd had at Mickey D's in LA after we'd all gone to the angel boy-O's AWESOME honor orchestra performance at UCLA. Now, I'm no big fan of McDonald's or any fast food joint (with the exception of In n' Out and a few items at Sonic), but their mushroom & swiss was delicious! Really! Anyhow, whenever I may mention actually wanting something in particular, my honey-man goes out of his way, and I mean WAY out of his way, to find a way to please me. So, yes, ELEVEN different restaurants, and NO, I DID NOT ASK THIS OF HIM - - He was absolutely insistent!

Beginning with our first stop:
1. McDonalds on Green Valley Pkwy - - no longer available
2. Great Harvest Bread - - closed their sandwich service at 6:30pm
3. McDonalds on Stephanie & Sunset - - just in case a different location might have it still
4. Dairy Queen - - no mushroom & swiss
5. Carl's Jr - - just discontinued the mushroom & swiss for some Western burger
6. Jack in the Box - - same story as Carl's Jr.
7. Quizno's - - no mushroom & swiss
8. Capriotti's on Sunset - - closed at 7pm
9. Burger King on Warm Springs - - no mushroom & swiss
10. Capriotti's on Warm Springs - - also closed at 7pm

After striking out TEN times, I told my honey-man that his fantastic effort to locate and acquire a mushroom & swiss burger for me was, well, a fantastic effort, but it was time to give up already! In the end, we wound up at one of our regular spots, Sonic Burger off Warm Springs, and settled for our usual buy one, get one free cheeseburgers coupons and we split a drink and onion rings... and we also tried the worst caloric indulgence they had available... their Macaroni & Cheese Snacks!!

More importantly, what does all this really say about my honey-man?
When he came out of Carl's Jr. (our 5th stop), I was sitting in the car, watching for his return and he could see me clearly. As he approached the car, he offered a very animated, apologetic, frowning smile, bottom lip protruding in a heavy pout, while throwing his hands into the air, immediately followed by an equally animated downward swing of his right hand into an exaggerated 'ahhh, shoot' finger snap. In that moment, permagrin settling in, I thought in wonderment, "Wow. When I'm pregnant, flush with strange food cravings and mega bizarre emotional whims, he is sooo gunna kick some ass as my soon-to-be baby-daddy!"

No comments: