Monday, April 14, 2008

Why I Love Mah Honey-Man ~ Reason 24

For years now, I have told, asked, requested, demanded and complained to my honey-man about his poor, inconsistent use of the very-necessary turn signal whenever he's driving, and for years, no effort on my part has improved his use of the very-necessary turning signal. This is not to say he never uses his turn signals, but rather, that he picks and chooses when to use them, as the mood strikes him (a lil' exaggeration there).

About a week ago or so, maybe more, I tried a new tactic: I actually told my honey-man quite seriously that if he would please use his turn signals no matter what, it would make me very happy.

Around noon-ish today, my honey-man was driving, and he made this very exaggerated move with his left hand like a marked, backwards flick of the wrist with an upward flare of his fingers, all while leaning forward and at the same time leaning towards his right, towards me...and then he froze into this final position...

Of course all this strange movement got my attention (as was his aim to do so): He was using his right-hand turn signal!!! and doing it Just for me!!! and my happiness!!! ~ Bless him!

No comments: