Saturday, April 12, 2008

No More Secrets


This past Friday after work, although there were other things that had to get done before the weekend's official start, by Saturday morning (and Istayed up until 3AM that night to get those things done!), I was determined to attend this event!

My friend, Daly and I, we went to the gym together right after work and finished in time to attend this speaking event at UNLV featuring Frank Warren, the creator of PostSecret.com.


I have THREE copies of this book - - each given to me by friends, two of which, I was the one who introduced them to PostSecret.com. This copy had no writing on the title page, so it was the one I had signed by Frank Warren. I had actually forgotten to bring the book, but my darling honey-man brought it to me from home!
I can't put into words how profoundly I am touched by PostSecret and its purpose. I visit this website every week. It keeps me in touch with the idea that we're not alone - - and that we all have challenges, and that these challenges come in all shapes and sizes, and we all need a lil' help and that's nothing to be ashamed of.

Admitting ones secrets is the first vital step towards recovery.

1 comment:

Daly said...

Yay--you got his autograph!