Tuesday, April 22, 2008

12-Hour Days, Anyday! Compared to...

Without volunteering much detail, having learned from Dooce that one shouldn't blog about one's work, I'll just say the last couple weeks have been particularly busy due to the loss of a particular colleague - - yup, can't say much more than that here, but anyone who knows me, they know what I'm talkin' about here. So yeah, we had a staffing change and I'm now working 12-hour days more than half the week for the last 2 weeks...

For the last year, actually, work had already been challenging in all the wrong ways, but I can't say much about that either. However, comparatively, the last two weeks have been an absolute breeze compared to the last year of work to date!

OPTIMISTICALLY: My hope is I'll have a new assistant before the summer months are underway. REALISTICALLY: I'll be lucky to have one by the end of June.

Sooo, wish me luck!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My assistant quit yesterday. Two weeks notice. Will take much longer than that to replace her - then weeks of training to bring new person up to speed. Like you it means significant changes in my work load for months to come. The good news is that my employer was willing to make some accommodations in order to keep me happy enough to not retire any earlier than necaessary.
Best of luck!

Trevor, Amber, Matix and Nivelli said...

I am so sorry ang. I am glad you have had some what of a brake for the last copple of weeks. Keep positive the way only you do. We love you