Wednesday, April 02, 2008

How 'Bout 'Losing My Religion'?

Although I'm really swamped with work this week and shouldn't be 'here' right now, I must take this moment... I said something to one of the young ladies working for me about how REM has released a new album, and that I'd read this one may finally be a lil' buzz worthy for once, considering their last few releases... and her response? (drumroll)

Her: Who's REM?
Me: [too dumbfounded to say anything]
Her: [she stares at me, befuddled, awaiting my response]
Me: You really don't know who REM is? Really? Seriously?
Her: [she shakes her head]
Me: [I close my gaping mouth] No 'Losing my Religion'?
Her: No [shaking her head again, and she's now looking amused by my stunned state].
Me: 'It's the End of the World as We Know It'?
Her: Nope [she's now looking at me like I'm absolutely bonkers]
Me: [I scramble to bring up YouTube.com on my computer, and I search for REM, 'Losing my Religion' and as the video begins, and I turn and look at her expectantly...]
Her: [Nothing... !?!]
Me: [I search for REM's video of 'Stand' and click play]
Her: Oh, I recognize that! That's REM?
Me: You're makin' me feel sooooo OLD right now. You hafta go away!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I do believe some of "End of the World As We Know It" is included in the soundtrack for the animated movie "Chicken Little." I can't believe she didn't know that one... ;)