Monday, January 29, 2007

Sleeping Ain't Much Cause for Comfort

So, if anyone hasn't gathered this by now from my most recent posts, I'm a tad stressed out. It's purty ridiculous, yes, in that none of it is life threatening, but I feel pretty crappy, nonetheless. And as things go when I'm stressed, I tend to clench my lower jaw at night and have nightmares...

My most recent horrific dream was that while the angel boy-O was off playing where he shouldn't be (as children often do), in Yellowstone Park, staying in our newly acquired A-frame cabin (that exists only in this dream) in which we were painting the interior walls, I heard screaming outside, and I looked and saw the angel boy-O coming out from the trees, several yards away, with a big grizzly bear running after him... I came out from the loft's sliding doors and I jumped off the loft deck, down into the bed of our truck (also doesn't exist) and ran frantically towards the bear, yelling and screaming to serve as a distraction from its focus on the boy-O. I ran right in front of it, just when it was about to chomp on the boy-O's head, and instead, it bashed into me, knocking me clear off my feet and unconscious against a tree...

Meanwhile, my honey-man had come outside, having heard all the screaming, and he grabbed the boy-O as he reached the cabin out of breath, and then my honey-man scooped up our 2 yr. old (doesn't exist either), and they all jumped into some car that was parked nearby, while out from the trees came 2 baby bear cubs, toddling on up the path to meet up with mommie bear, and then?

They all proceeded to chew on me and I had to have my left leg amputated.

Yeah. Wonder what Freud would say about that one, eh?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Whoa... darlin, that is a WICKED dream. I'm so sorry you're stressed out and having nightmares. Is there anything I can do?

Effie said...

So, how does your leg feel today?

No more dreams like that--they're freaky!