Friday, January 26, 2007

To My Heart's Content

After we finished dinner last night, my honey-man posed a good challenge:

"I'm going to want something for dessert, I think," he said, or something like that...
Well, I'm not home much these days, and the food in my fridge is mainly there for him to consume, but there ain't a whole lot of variety... And my pantry goods aren't as plentiful as usual, but I've got a few basics on hand... eggs, flour, sugar, baking cocoa... and a package of chocolate chips, kept in the freezer as ALWAYS! [Note to Remember: my Mormon upbringing always comes out to play when there's food involved.]

Sooo, I banished my honey-man from the kitchen, telling him I had a perfect surprise in mind and that he absolutely could not peek... I just needed 1 hour.

And viola!
(Correction: "VOILA" = NOT a stringed musical instrument!)
Looks a bit impressive, eh?
And it was SUPER EASY! ~ And it was SOOOO GUHHOOOD!
IT WAS DOWNRIGHT EVIL!

This was my practice attempt for Valentine's Day (although I intend to make either a fresh fruit tart or a genoise using my heart shaped pan - shhh! ~ mah honey-man don't know that!): I used a simple chewy brownie recipe made for a 8" x 8" x 2"-sized pan (I'm sure you could use a store bought mix), baked it in my Kitchen Aid heart-shaped silicone baking dish (my first use!), and once cooled enough to remove from the pan, I topped it with 3 sliced 'nanas and whip cream swirlies made from a can (the 'real' kind though; nothing w/ coconut oils), and some chocolate syrup for drizzle. [SEMI-RELATED TANGENT: My honey-man could hear the sound of the whip cream can going when I was making the swirlies around the top, and he yelled from where he was that it sounded as if I was cooking with a really angry kitty cat as my kitchen helper. END OF TANGENT.]

Now the only problem is this: Mah honey-man returns to L.A. tonight and there's leftovers!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

A bit impressive? Um, YEAH.

I'm drooling right now.

Unknown said...

That's beautiful! You got skillz, baby!

Effie said...

Yumm!!

Yousa good cook!