Sunday, January 28, 2007

Sanity found via L.O.T.R. Triology

My new part-timer job hasn't begun yet, as I'm still waiting for my orientation date. Until then, I'm madly running errands, and scrambling to make my best effort to tie up as many loose ends as I can. It's actually helped that my 'roommate' has been out of town for the last 10 days, to the Sundance Film Festival in UT. Meanwhile, in his absence, over the last 3 days, I've turned his rather large TV room into my own personal sorting space. Everything I've collected over the last 7-8 months, in terms of paperwork and what not, and everything I've had with me since moving out of my apt. in May '06, I've been going through it all. I've managed to spread my stuff all over the whole of a 17' x 22' sized room - no joke.

While 'sorting' through all this stuff, since last Friday night, I've also managed to play the extended version of The Lord of the Rings, "The Return of the King" nearly twice through, and its TWO appendices, both 5 and 6, each in their entirety = that's about THIRTEEN hours of L.O.T.R. in 3 nights!?! Remarkably, this does not mean I've been holed up in the house all weekend. No, really, it doesn't! I went out 3 different times yesterday, and twice today, so far... and I'll go out again in a couple hours, to pick my sister up from the airport. What this does mean, however, is that I haven't gotten much sleep, as the majority of my L.O.T.R. and 'sorting' marathon has taken place in the evenings, working and watching late into the night - - and it also means I'm a big, fat NERD!

Watching Return of the King for the 2nd time, it's just about to end. I think I may run upstairs to grab "The Two Towers" next, going backward in the trilogy... I can easily get in 2 hours of that before heading to the airport, I bet.

I love Lord of the Rings... and Legolas is so hot. (See? BIG NERD, me.)

P.S.
I chose to play the The Fellowship of the Ring instead.

No comments: