Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Taking Inventory - More for Me than You

So, I'll say it again... I defend my thesis this Friday (deep breath)... I have a final next week (long exhale)... Thereafter, my entire immediate family will be here from Iowa come the 11th, for my graduation on the 13th (dizzy spell washing over me)...

My honey-man left Vegas this morning, taking with him one of my TVs (yes, I have two TVs) and its cabinet/TV cart, plus its accompanying DVD/VCR players and a cooler stocked with cooler/picnic-type stuff... There's now only 3 dressers (two 5-drawer and one 6-drawer), 2 beds (1 queen and a double), 1 double-bed headboard with frame, 1 loveseat and 1 huge, long couch, 1 sitting chair, 1 office chair, 2 folding chairs, 1 card table, 2 side tables, 1 sewing table, 1 sewing machine, 1 serger machine, 1 computer desk, one compooter with MASSIVE monitor with a MASSIVE printer, FIVE bookshelves and one squatty one, 1 tall, very wide, very deep, MASSIVE shelving unit,
FIFTEEN modular-cube furniture pieces, 7 rugs, 12 lamps (yes, TWELVE, as in a dozen lamps) and another TV and DVD player left to go annnnd...

HOLY SCHMOLY! Now that I got this list started, what else is there?!? I'm curious now (my being a listy-list person). Bare with me here - OR NOT - - [Consider yourself warned] - - Umm, I've got 5 loaded milk crates from my closet, plus three 3-drawer stackable bins, 3 stacking shoe shelving units, 1 door-hanging shoerack, 2 'coat-size' storage bins, 2 square-stack storage bins, count of NINE 66-qt. size storage bins, count of THRITEEN 15-qt. storage bins (what all is kept in these could be another post), two 2-drawer filing cabinets, 1 bedside standing cabinet, 1 bathroom towel cabinet, 1 wall-mounted above-toilet 2- door cabinet, 1 wall-mounted above-sink 3-door cabinet, 2 wall-mounted 3-hook coat hanging thingies, 2 fans, one 40-gallon fish tank, 41 different wall hangings (NO JOKE! and that does not count those still in storage), a gazillion other framed items throughout my apt., 9 stuffed 'photo boxes' stuffed with non-photo items, 10 photo albums, a gazillion books, 2 summer-style sleeping bags, 2 below-Zero sleeping bags, 1 camping tent, a camp gas lantern, 1 dutch oven and 1 cast iron camp skillet, enamel camp cookware set, 1 queen-size inflatable mattress, 1 queen-size quilt made by my mum, 1 king-size quilt made by my mum, several other blankets/afghans made by various grandmothers, 2 comforters (1 twin, 1 king-size), 7 bed pillows (all but 1 were gifts!?!), 7 couch pillows, 3 throw blankets (all were gifts!?!), 2 kitty beds, 1 kitty carrier, 3 scratching posts, a fold-up treadmill, an iron and ironing board, an in-house vacuum, 1 Mini-Bissel steam cleaner, a Wet/Dry Utility Vac, one 82-piece tool kit with a cordless drill, an electric heavy duty staple gun, 1 toolbox, a belt sander, an orbital sander, a "Mouse" sander, 1 finishing sander, 1 oil and water colors tool box, 1 stain glass supplies tool box, 1 sewing supplies box, one large suitcase, two smaller suitcases, 2 backpacks... *UPDATE* Plus several (try 15?) heavy-duty Sterilite storage bins in my patio storage closet and several more (about 6?) in my uncle's garage in Henderson, full of stuff from my mum.

OH hell -- and my kitchen stuff?!?! This remaining list will be INSANE: One HUGE enamel canning pot, electric ice cream maker, electric griddle (I so love it!), a bread maker, 1 toaster oven, a 4-slice toaster, an electric blender, 1 hand blender, 1 hand mixer, 1 mini chopper, 1 heart-shaped waffle maker, a HUGE traditional square-waffle maker, 2 large stock pots, 1 HUMUNGOUS frying pan, a deep skillet, a french skillet, a mini-skillet, 2 sauce pans, a steaming thingy, a small salad spinner, 3 different sized sives, 2 funnels, 3 cutting boards, 1 set of 12 knives with block, a Rubbermaid round cake cover, a bundt pan, an angel cake pan, 2 ceramic tart pans, 4 glass pie plates, 4 small round cake pans, 1 mini-round pan, 2 mini springforms, 1 regular springform pan, one regular cake pan, 4 bread pans, including a meatloaf pan, two 12-count muffin tins, one 6-count muffin tin, a pizza pan, 1 wok, 4 air cushion cookie sheets, 2 jelly rolls pans, 2 broiling pans, 4 cooling racks, a deep roasting pan, 3 different sized shallow Pyrex casserole dishes, 3 matching green glass bakeware pieces, 5 different pieces of CorningWare "French White" bakeware, 2 flat serving trays, 2 cracker/dip trays, a 4-piece platter set, 4 various-sizes plastic mixing bowls with spouts, 4 various-sizes Pyrex mixing bowls, one 5-cup measuring cup, 2 different 2-cup measuring cups, one 4-piece canister set, 2 LARGE Sugar and Flour bins, --- a plethora of plastic storage containers, ranging in size from huge to tini-tiny, and I won't list my dishes, glassware, mugs, bowls, etc. Let's just leave it at this and say, I have A LOT MORE!

So yeah, more than enough said: I have a lot of stuff. And I've got to pack it all by May 20th!!! and I should really sell some of it between now and then. Wish me luck.

8 comments:

Ern said...

Moving SUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCKS

Naomi said...

Wow...I stopped reading after I read that you had a stained glass tool box, and I noticed that all the kitchen stuff was yet to come. I don't think a list from me would be quite that long. (And I too will be moving at some point this month)
Hope all goes well with your defence!

Have fun packing!

Elizabeth said...

You just made me tired.

McKenna Gordon said...

I've been enjoying your blog. I decided today to add you to my list of people to read every day. Just thought I'd say hi :)

Anonymous said...

They make fold-up treadmills?! Who knew?

Unknown said...

Dearie, I'd wish you tons of luck, but I'm not sure where you would put it with all that stuff... ;)

Anonymous said...

Don't you think you could have packed half of that stuff in the time it took you to type out the lists?

Anonymous said...

Sweetheart, GARAGE SALE!! :D

Pop