Thursday, May 11, 2006

..."Kat McPhee is a babe..."

Last Tuesday night, while driving home from work, I called my father's cell... he answered and immediately, I could tell he hadn't looked at all to see who was calling... He first said 'hello' in a very polite, yet totally detached manner, and then, upon hearing my voice, he exploded with enthusiasm, to only quickly rush back into full space cadet mode. I was giggling at this and asked him what he was up to...

"I'm listening to 'Kat' McPhee belt it out."

And then?

I was momentarily DUMBFOUNDED = Absolutely speechless for a matter of 5 seconds, or so.
And then it was I, who was the next to explode... with full bodied laughter!!!

"You're watching American Idol!?!?"

And his response...

"Hold on, I want to hear what Simon says."

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

All through reading this post I was wondering who Kat McPhee could be... I was imagining a jazz chanteuse.

LOL

Thank you for your sweet birthday wishes. And how did you remmber that?!

xo,
Sheryl

Elizabeth said...

I bet 90 million dollars that whatever Simon said was rude.

Anonymous said...

And British-sounding. ;)

Recovering Mormon said...

Bless his heart! I'm sure your dad would never be small minded enough to notice Kat's pantylines. I feel like such a toad.

Have fun with your family! Take good care of my boyo! He's very excited.

xoxoxoxoR

Kati said...

What a great story! It's always the ones you least expect, isn't it?

Sea_creature said...

AHAHAHAA!! For some people, the addiction is just too much...