Thursday, May 04, 2006

Moving... to the Music

Since I can't seem to resolve the whirlwind of concerns and worries raging about me, nor can I seem to effectively deal with the overwhelming multitude of insecurities plaguing me, causing an inability to think straight right now, with this upcoming move and all that it means, plus an impending job search hovering over me, I've decided I'm going to revert back to the primary escapist-habit of my past - - Music - - and more so than the usual.

As for "the usual," it's not at all uncommon for me to have music playing almost constantly, especially whenever I'm away from the confines of my home. What that last part means (?), if anything, I have no clue, nor do I really care (although my parents have some general, but very serious psychological theories about my chronic need for music). The point is this: I listen to music most of the time. I have it playing in the car to and from any driving destination (unless I'm listening to NPR), it plays while I'm at the office, from the time I arrive until I leave work, and I listen whenever I'm doing homework, writing, reading, cooking, cleaning, sewing, etc.

So what would be "more so than the usual?"

I've just rediscovered the joy of music in the morning, thanks to my honey-man's insistence that we wake up using the radio alarm instead of my blaring siren-like alarm buzzer. So yeah, for now - at least when my honey-man isn't here - I let the radio alarm continue to play once I get up. I'm also picking through my CDs again, flipping through my collection beyond my usual rotation. Case in Point: Right now I'm listening to "Scarlet's Walk" by Tori Amos. I haven't listened to this album since early 2004. Okay - that one probably didn't make much of an impression, right? Well, how about this: Right now in my car's CD player, I have Toto - as in "Africa" and "Hold the Line" - ya know, "Rosanna"?

1 comment:

Sea_creature said...

Hehe, I used to think they were sayin' "HO-ZANNAH, HO-ZANNAH!!" hehehe!