Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Got No Time for Nuthin' but a Meme!

I love a good listy thing! Got this one from the mighty SFG, the pinacle of New Orleans southern niceness - but with a lovely naughty edge.

10 years ago: May 1996 - I was totally lost, having finished my 2nd semester at BYU, after transferring there from Ricks College in Rexburg, ID (now "BYU Idaho"). [For Mikie: I will refrain from my usually gagging and choking because she's right = we had fun together at Ricks because we were/are fun and resourceful* girls.]

5 years ago: May 2001 - I had been living in Vegas for nearly 2 years - I was 10 months on the job, about to be deemed a "permanent employee" with the company I currently work for. (That last part makes me feel old.)

1 year ago: I had finished my 2nd semster of the MPA program, about to start a full load for the summer term, realizing that my time in the program was really gunna fly by - and it did. (I AMMM THE MAAHSSSTAAAHHRRR!)

Yesterday: I got home around 6:30-ish, baked a frozen CPK "Margharita" (sp?) thin crust pizza for dinner, ate 3 pieces of it (half of an entire thin crust pizza is equivalent to ONE piece of deep pan style, I swear!?!), then I powered up my laptop to check my email real quick, and then I set up my laptop to play Moulin Rouge while I'd be cleaning... Thereafter, I laid on my bed to think about in what order I should do all that I had to do... and promptly, I fell asleep. My honey-man called at 10Pm, and I fell right back asleep without ever budging.
NOTE: I had no idea what time it was when he called - and this morning I had to ask him if he had called and if so, when had he called?

Today: I woke up around 5:15-ish AM and I did some of the things I should have done last night and got to work by 8:15, and I've been working since then... I'm about to take my lunch, to head off to Banana Republic to exchange a pair of pants. Later tonight, my dear friends, Kim & Poppy (with their boys in tow, Gabe & Matthew, respectively) will be coming over to help me clean my apartment all spic n' span for my walk-through. NOTE: I REFUSE to pay money for a "cleaning deposit," considering I always leave an apt. in better shape than I'd found it.

Tomorrow (plus some): I'm flying to Utah tomorrow (think Peter, Paul & Mary here ~ "I'm leavin' on a jet plane") to visit some of my Ricks College friends and my father's fam. My honey-man and his angel boy-O will be meeting up with me on Friday, and we'll then be off to see my mum's fam in Bear Lake, ID for the Memorial Day weekend. The two of them have never been up that way in the Spring/Summer ~ it will be a whole new experience for them both! VERY EXCITED!!! When the angel boy-O had been told we'd be going to Bear Lake, he wanted us to be sure we got his snow/winter playwear from his mommie so that he'll be ready to go sledding with Tanner (my 11 yr. old cousin who absolutely adores the angel boy-O) - - How freakin' cute is that?!? Tell me!!?! He's always gone up there around xmas/New Years!!! ~ Isn't it winter there year 'round? He was so disappointed to hear there's no snow for sledding this time around. BUHHT, when we told him we'd be boating on a big blue lake instead, I think his initial disappointment vanished!

*Resouceful: See "Easily Amused"

5 comments:

Elizabeth said...

I am with you on the apartment thing. I always leave them all perfect and stuff and if anyone ever tried to not give me my deposit, I think I'd cut em.

Thanks for the compliment by the way!!!! :)

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on obtaining the Masters in Public Administration. Woohoo ..
Hope you have fun in Utah..

Weetzie said...

Hey annejelynn...I noticed you were looking for me at my blog and I wanted to say ...I am still out here lurking. Been taking classes and in general being overwhelmed. Thanks for wondering bout me! :)

Dang Cold.. said...

Hi Sweetie :),

Congrats on finishing the schoolage and thanks for always stopping by my site and saying hey even though there's sometimes nothing new there for weeks at a time. Enjoy the long weekend and have a safe flight.

Big hug,

dc

Amy said...

Have fun on your trip, my love.