Thursday, May 04, 2006

For 'Anonymous' ~ My Many Moves

Got a funny lil' comment last night - - my first semi-negative comment, but nooo biggie.

But it made me think... maybe I should offer some insight regarding my lastest "inventory" list taken the other day - ? First of all, let me make one thing very clear: I made the list in a matter mere minutes. If you haven't already seen my June '05 post written about how many times I've moved since '93 (right here), one would certainly not imagine, nor understand how I could make such a list so quickly, maybe. See, I've moved several times, so I'm very, very familiar with all that I have, how to keep it all well organized, and how best to pack it all up again.

Moving isn't normally a stressful thing for me. [SEMI-RELATED TANGENT: With the exception of 1999, leaving Provo, UT as a fresh BYU graduate and new divorcee, off to Vegas! And also 2003, moving from Helen's (one of the best roomies ever!), re-entering the lousy world of apartment rentals, having at the time lived in nothing but houses for the last 6 years. END OF TANGENT] Moving can be stressful for various reasons and this one's loaded, but in terms of packing requirements alone, this upcoming move is different than the rest in that I must sort my things 5 different ways: 1) Things that need to be sold; 2) Things that will go with me to my aunt's home, where I'll be staying in Henderson until I find a job in L.A.; 3) Things that can go to L.A. now, so that I'll have it at my honey-man's once I find a job in L.A.; 4) Things that won't go to L.A. until we have a new apartment in Burbank; and 5) Things that will never go to L.A. b/c there's no room, but I just can't get rid of them.

More later...

2 comments:

Sea_creature said...

Burbank, huh? Why, that's right around where I grew up and reside at the present. It's a great here, but I'm SO TIRED of it. I want to move someday. Not sure where, not sure when...but someday. And I agree, moving is definately one of the most stressful things to deal with in life. I had a 15 month span in which I moved five times. Lemme tell ya, I'm a PRO at moving fish tanks!

Ern said...

I feel your pain. My worst move was moving out of my apartment. I was staying with my future in-laws for a month before I started med school (so I could take a month off work, and also be rent free). So there was stuff that had to go there, stuff that had to go to my parents' garage temporarily, and separate stuff in each of those categories that would later go with me to my rented room in Cali. Yours sounds a bit more intense though! Good luck!