Friday, November 11, 2005

Stuff Portrait Friday

Once again, according to Kristine - this Friday's theme, "Show Me the Money."

#1 The Last Thing I Bought for Myself: Dryer Sheets - no joke. Fabric softness has always been considered a luxury item for me. We're talking about a girl who NEVER bought this kind of stuff, including liquid fabric softener (heaven's no!) until only last year... Off to college in '93, before my parents happily left me to my new prison cell, I mean my new apartment-style dorm in Rexburg, ID (suddenly itching as I recall the day), my step-mum was so kind as to start me off with the proper, needed away-from-home products: Shampoo, Conditioner, a couple bars of Dial soap, a bottle of Laundry Detergent, a can of Spray Starch for ironing (to this day, I STILL have this very same can of starch, as I refuse to even buy clothing that requires ironing), and one box of dryer sheets, among other things. That box of dryer sheets kicked around with me as I moved from place to place over the following 5 years. Yes, it took me 5 years to use one box of dryer sheets, reserving the said product for only static-prone dryer loads. See, I had been told (and it's true) that fabric softeners wear out yer threads. People, I'm the kind of person who has and still wears clothes from high school, with a couple exceptions. Plus, I'm a total cheap skate and have in the past refused to PAY for a product that will only help me wear out my own clothes... BUHT I discovered the yummy delight of SOFT BEDSHEETS, fragranced with Vanilla Lavendar no less, thanks to my old roomie, Seorin. I love the stuff now, although I must confess, the bath towels I've had since I had been married (circa 1997) are now starting to show their age, thanks to a year's worth of avid liquid fabric softener use. Honestly, I'm trying to now curb my use of liquid fabric softener. Yes, NO need to tell me, thanks = I'm a total nerd and I know it (as Hall & Oates blares in the background while I type).
#2 The Last Thing Someone Bought Me: My most considerate, sweetest and most adorable honey of a honey-man found this book and bought me my own copy. His faith in me and the support he gives me is enough to make a woman feel she can conquer the world, I tell ya - although paying my bills and establishing a college fund and a nice retirement plan is really enough for me. Regardless, there are things I do well and he knows it and won't let me forget it and I love him for it. Thanks baby! I can't wait for a good holiday break, so I can read this!
Also, I must mention my parents were recently here in LV for a little visit and the spoiling was ridiculous. From Shu Uemura mascara (oh my gosh, it's amazing stuff) to tickets for Hall and Oates. Most importantly though, it was great to see them and spend time with them both. Big hugs!

# 3 My wallet, of sorts: Not the typical leather or nylon product, eh? I saw this in a Sky Mall catalog when flying home from a San Francisco trip, just before going on a trip to New York. I got home, got online and ordered one as a pre-NY gift for myself. I love metal etching and thought it'd be nice and compact, see? And I love metal etchings - did I mention this already? I really hate purses (although you'd never know judging byhow many I do have - most were gifts...
NOTE to Friends & Family: No more purses, PUHLEEZE!

3 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Had no clue about the fabric softener/dryer sheet deal. I am a dryer sheet whore, I must confess.

Ern said...

Love the wallet! But what do you do with your coins?

I also love fabric softener, but I prefer the liquid variety to the dryer sheet variety. In fact, my socks and towels in particular totally bug me if I forget the fabric softener.

Random and Odd said...

bitchen wallet!

and you need to send me your address. I am going to go buy you something.

:)

No really, email me your address...I am going to have to buy you something.