Monday, November 14, 2005

Some Random Thoughts on Thai Food

I made a curry dish over the weekend - and I gotta ask, if it can stain a white, hard nylon mixing spoon a bright DAYGLOW yellow and my fingers too for days to come, what does it do to my digestive track?

And has there always been broccoli in Thailand for the making of Pad See Ewe? when did Thailand acquire broccoli?

If my eyes are watering and my forehead and the back of my neck are perspiring profusely, and my sinuses are flowing like a river, how can the dish I'm eating be considered, "oh so very mild, Miss" - ?!?

It's hard to imagine peanut fields in Thailand.

How many times must I insist, "No. I DO too want Pad Tai!"

What the hell is a Mungbean?

Did you know traditional Thai food is not to be eaten with chopsticks?

3 comments:

Elizabeth said...

I can't hang with the Thai food. Ew. However, Mexican food is muy bueno.

Effie said...

Ah, the curry stain, oh so much fun! I've been experimenting with curry recently--sometimes FAR too hot! Are you saying that the reason why your fingers were stained DAYGLO yellow is because you were eating with your hands? Not your left hand I hope--in some cultures that is considered to be an insult--to use your left hand....

honkeie said...

I am soooo with southern fried girl here. I am nooo fan of curry! I find it offensive to smell and turns my stomach just thinking about eating it. And you can always smell when someone has been eating it.....nasty lol. Just add garlic and some onions and poof...instand anti human contact potion.