Thursday, May 12, 2005

I'm it! I'm IT!

YEA!~ With some gentle nudging/sniff-sniff hinting, I've been tagged by Sweet Dang Cold!! Although I won't really have more time over this summer than I did this past semester, as I'll be taking 9 credits over the summer term, the lull between one semester to the next offers a bit of reprieve in terms of workload = more time to dink around and blog! So, I'll pick 5 of the following "if I could be"s, and then I'm gunna pick 3 other fellow bloggers to tag thereafter...

If I could be a scientist: I would find out once and for all and let the whole world know how cats purr. k, this one seems silly, I know, but honestly, I don't understand how 'they' -the scientific vetrinary world- doesn't yet know how cats purr!?!? What is up with that?

If I could be a farmer
If I could be a musician: As a little girl, I wanted to be a flutist - I had a babysitter who played the flute. I wouldn't be a classical flutist though - I'd play in a disco band!!! you know it, baby!

If I could be a doctor
If I could be a painter
If I could be a gardener: Man, I'd be in hog heaven! I would have dirt stained hands and fingernails at all times no matter how much I'd try to scrub them clean...and all those T-shirts and baggy jeans I've refused to toss would resume' their purpose in life. I'd have fruit trees galore and veggies comin' outta my ears to make my Gpa Farrell proud, and flowers in bloom year-round (which CAN be done in Cali) rivaling the gardens my own mum once tended...plenty of daffodils would be had, for sure. I once took an occupational aptitude test in high school and I was told I should be 1) a gardener, 2) a farmer, or 3) a carpenter...test told me to stay away from teaching, government and law. Which is funny, ain't it? considering I'm in an MPA program?

If I could be an architect
If I could be a linguist: I'd speak french and - well, I only care to speak french in terms of really knowing any language in and out - I've taken spanish and german, but french would be the way to go so I could actually talk with my sweet honey bee's entirely french Canadian family...they ALL live in Montreal.

If I could be a psychologist
If I could be an athlete
If I could be a lawyer
If I could be a world famous blogger
If I could be a justice on any one court in the world
If I could be married to any current famous political figure
If I could be a missionary
If I could be a writer: I would write the story of my mother's life and her 15 year-long battle with Hodgkin's disease (cancer centralized in the lymph glands). I have various resources: my own memories, stories from friends and family, my father, various audio and video tapes, and she had volumes upon volumes of journals [I haven't yet read a word of them -my father and I have agreed I'm not ready yet, but I'm almost there (if that kind of thing can be determined at all)]. I also have boxes of letters written to her from a gazillion friends, including old boyfriends she had when she was a sweet young thang.

If I could be a professor
If I could be a musician
If I could be a justice on any one court in the world

NOW I gotta chose who to tag....hmmmm, who will it be?
The Shiz aka Journalicious, LadyBug, and I'm not sure if she's been tagged already, but I think Wave of Modulation could offer us some thoughtful answers.

4 comments:

Joseph said...

I don't mean to be to persnickity about this kind a thing, but you only did 3, yup I just counted again, only 3 "If I could be's.." and I distinctly remember it being 5.

Joseph said...

Silly Peanut, get some sleep already. I was only teasing you. :-)

Random and Odd said...

Where is your STUFF pictures for Friday!!?? ;)

Dang Cold.. said...

Oops. Greenie busted me. 3 is all I did as I have no brain. Me lose brain? Bahahahhaha.

Happy weekend Ang.

dc