Friday, February 29, 2008

"Silly Yet Bright Highlights" or "Why I Love Mah Honey-Man ~ Reason 23"

My honey-man can be soooo silly sometimes! AND I SOOO LOVE HIM FOR THIS, sooo very much!!! See, I am often quite silly, and it's absolutely necessary that I be with someone who can handle my silliness without either berating me for it, nor being embarrassed by it...

What kind of silliness are we talkin' about here?

Well, like it or not, let me offer up some recent examples:

1) I don't remember what we were even talking about, but we were in the car on our way to Target together, and I had laughed about something in a really enthused and maniacal, semi-cackling manner. Having heard myself, I mused aloud how it was almost witch-like and kinda scary. So I tried it again and again, trying to hone a really good and hearty, witch-like laugh. Next thing I know, my honey-man is trying too, and we're both critiquing our efforts, and he's giving me coaching tips on how to improve my witch-laugh...

2) Friday night of last week, we were at RC Willey shopping for a new mattress for our bedroom. Heading first for the markdown room, I saw a full wall display of candles from Salt City Candle Co. (dah BEST! Salt City kicks both Party Lite and Yankee buttocks!)... I shrieked and literally ran for them - - not a sprint, but more like a gentle, but admittedly awkward run, much like a 2nd grader running outside for recess time. A bit over enthused, yes, but I was absolutely delighted to discover a local source for Salt City Candles [SIDE NOTE: Pomegranate is my FAVORITE scent of theirs!!!]. My honey-man did nothing but smile and follow after me, and he smelled every single candle I offered him until we were both green. [FINAL SALT CITY CANDLE CO. SIDE NOTE: No, we didn't buy one, even though my honey-man was willing and insistent. I gotta burn through what I already have first! Another thing: I've only ever bought one S.C.C.C. candle, but I've had 4 others given to me as gifts, and I adored each and every single one.]

3) Same place, same night, while were testing out mattresses: We laid on our backs, tummies and both sides, turning this way and that, going from one mattress model to another, and at one point, my honey-man insisted we had to try spooning to be sure that would be good too. We were hoping here and there, giggling and laughing together...

4) The next night, same place, we were again testing the mattress model we'd zeroed in on the night before: We were both so thrilled about our soon-to-be final purchase, it was as if we were on a sugar high. Some disco music and general 70's music was dominating the store's music programming at the time... While completing our order and the final payment details for our new mattress (to be delivered tomorrow!), either one of us or the both of us, would break out into dance moves and/or song without either one of us batting an eye at the other. I'm sure the sales lady thought we were both deranged.

5) That same night, driving out of the RC Willey parking lot, having bought ourselves a new bed, I announced that I would sure like a cupcake from The Cupcakery, "don't you think?" I spoke this request with a really squeaky voice, much like a munchkin with a lil' bit of scratch to it... We both thought it had sounded much like Gollum would sound if he were on some speed, maybe... So my honey-man began his own effort to chant/cough for "Cupcakes" in his best Gollum voice in the way Gollum chokes "Gollum." This lasted until we arrived at the Cupcakery, both of us going back and forth, quite amused with ourselves.

Of course, this is all just silly, nonsensical stuff, yes, but I consider each lil' silly moment a highlight, a part of my everyday living with this man I love so much.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Such a happy post. Stay silly together. :)