Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Why oh Why, Versailles

Okay, continuing with my not-too-long-ago trip to Paris and London, we return to Versailles, Of FRANCE!!!

The view
back up to 'the house' from the "Run of the Sun" fountain (it was my favorite). Here's me, trying hard to take this with one of the many fountains at Versailles included, forgetting that I, too, will be in the shot.The view down into 'Le Parc' from the upper gardens at Versailles.One of the views off to the side ~ Notice the scale of the trees and the people on the walk?One of the gorgeous satellite gardens...The ceiling of the Sun King's private chapelSee all these doorways, one room after another? At least 8 are visible!A dining room in Versailles (oh my!)
Entering the Hall of Mirrors, newly restored.Some sculpted ceiling corner of some room ~ ya know, no big deal (dang!)And what do I have to say about visiting Versailles?

#1: Definitely beautiful.
#2: Extreme heights of opulence!
#3: It's NO wonder why there was a revolution(s) in France, seeing all that state money could afford King Louis XIV.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow... Simply Beautiful! Truly. Thanks for sharing your pictures! I don't think I'll ever get there in person. :)

Daly said...

HOLY COW!! I think they must've coined the phrase "Super-Size Me" long before Mickey-D's.

What beautiful photos and how gorgeous it must've been to see in person!

Kati said...

"Nothing will fade at Versailles." Where have I heard that before? :)