Monday, June 25, 2007

"Suppressing Auto-Mode with Success" or "Baby-Ready Kitties"

I got home from work by 6:15 pm and we made a simple and delicious dinner in less than 20 minutes for our friends and their two AHHDORAHBUL chilun', ages 2 and 5.

[SEMI-RELATED, KINDA LONG TANGENT: Ever since I brought Otis and Owen home in October 2003, the very day they became my boys, I've been preparing them, training them for babies - - No, they're both boys and fixed, I know. I'm talking about MY babies; human babies yet to be born! In order to desensitize the kitties for the abuse a baby will certainly dish out someday, Oattie and Owen's training has entailed all kinds of imposed mauling; touching of the nosies, aggressive tummy and back rubs, grabbing and holding of kitty paws, light tugs on the ears and tail, full on squashing and manhandling of kitty ears, smothering squeezes, long, unrelenting hugs, chasings, touching via human feet (Yes, and by doing so, they will accept the touch of any foot, just like a hand, allowing themselves to be petted by feet!), and loud squealing... I've practiced all this and then some, built up over time in order to reach "The Ultimate State of Baby-readiness": The ability to be held beneath their forelegs with their lower bodies facing forward and left to dangle, as they're carried about in the same position.

Before tonight, I had thought Otis was almost close to graduating as a fully 'baby-ready' kitty, as I can do all the aforementioned, including the ability to carry him around, holding an arm beneath his forelegs, lower body hanging and he's
almost totally relaxed, all except for the toes of one paw, stiffly splayed! And Owen, he has come far and beyond what I'd ever possibly hoped for, especially during his latest year-long stint in L.A., living with my honey-man and the angel boy-O! He's like a different kitty!?! He used to be the kitty who'd sit within one foot of you, but get up and walk off if you dared to touch him - - and now? He'll waltz right over and lay directly on top of your feet! Even still, I didn't believe he was ready to even remain in the same room with a baby, yet tonight, I was proved flat wrong! And I am a proud Mama, indeed!

My boys were perfect lil' fuzzy dahrlings! Oattie in particular (not as fast as Owen), put up with squeezing, squealing, and constant chasing from room to room, up and down the stairs, and was even laid on at some point! AND sure enough, he was picked up TWICE by the 2 year old, and carried for at least 10 feet the first time and he did nothing by hang like a rag doll! I was soooo pleased! No hissing, no scratching, no growling; He was PURRFECT! And Owen never even left the room once! He even spread himself out on the kitchen floor amongst 7 pairs of feet and could actually be heard purring!?! My boys are baby-ready! END OF TANGENT]
After dinner, we all went to Sheridan's Frozen Custard for dee-zert (drooling again at the thought of it), and my sister met us there, who later followed us home, with the angel boy-O in her new car, so she could come see the boy-O's finished bedroom (Finally, in that I finally finished it!), and to also see the red, light-weight trench I'd bought for Europe from Nordstrom's Rack (originally $120, on sale for 24 BUCKS!?!), so she could give me her fashion approval and/or disapproval (it's a go! = she liked it).

After my sister left, I then helped the boy-O with his bath and cut his hair and got him to bed by 9pm (kinda late for him)... and since then, while my honey-man's been working in his home-office, I replanted some things in new, bigger pots for the backyard, shot off some work-related emails, and I wrote this... and now, I'm off to take my shower and go to bed and it's just before midnight! Not bad!

It seems I've successfully suppressed my auto-mode!

1 comment:

Nico said...

I definitely suspect you're on coke but have fun on your trip!