Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Foiled Again!

My long-time-had Amish Friendship CAKE starter had recently died a dreadful death, due to my own negligence (sniff, sniff) ... and so, I had made the promise to start fresh and create a new batch of starter...

After 8 days' time, only 2 left to go before I could make some yummy Amish Friendship CAKE with it, my Otis (I didn't actually see him do it, but it had to be Otis!) nibbled the starter's Ziploc bag!?! NEVER EVER have either of the kitties attacked the Amish Friendship CAKE starter, not ever!?!?

And to do so now? When I was trying to start my starter, anew? and with only 2 friggin' days left?

Fooey. Lil' fuzzy bastards.


Must. start. over. AGAIN.

5 comments:

Ern said...

I think all this Amish Friendship CAKE talk might call for a recipe. Or is it a family secret?

Daly said...

I think Otis did not want to share Amish Friendship CAKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Otis, I'm gonna make Kung Pao Kitty out of you if you attack the starter again ;)

Anonymous said...

HaHa! A co-worker gave me some and I had it on the counter and Sadie took the bag down and ate some of it! yuck!

:)
xoxoxo
Poppy

Amy said...

yikes, hope you got more made in time!

Kati said...

We had a cat once that ate an un-risen loaf of bread. Just think on that one for a minute.