Wednesday, June 20, 2007

No, Not 'Femmeral,' but "Femoral"

For the past several months, I've been experiencing a persistent and annoying tenderness... Just a few weeks ago, I had a couple sonograms done (both kinds, if you know what I mean), and it was discovered that my right ovary is strangely "plump," nearly 3 cm wider than the left, and that I have bilateral ovarian cysts, one the size of my thumb, but either gynecological issue was cleared as the possible cause of this particular pain.

Over the past weekend, feeling greater pain than ever before, we discovered something that felt like the side of a small, firm egg-shape protruding from the muscle tissues in the far left area of my lower abdominals (see the lovely diagram I found online?), and whenever the angel boy-O would fiercely hug me about the waist, I wound up bent over and gasping... Sooo, on Monday, I stayed home from work having slept horribly (more like not at all) that Sunday night, and I went to the doctor's office first thing, and upon returning home, I slept from 10:30 am until almost 4 pm, and still went to bed by 9 pm. After work last night, on a 2nd appointment, I went again to the doctor's office and found out I had a temperature of 100.7 (why they didn't catch that on Monday, I don't know - - my honey-man had told me for days that I had felt like a nuclear reactor), and was told I have a femoral hernia and it can only be fixed with surgery... and I leave for London a week from tomorrow.

Thankfully, the hernia -although no fun at all- isn't bad enough to warrant the cancellation of my Europe trip... I can still go, but have to get some blood work done tonight and get a CAT scan before I leave, so I can schedule my surgery for as soon as I'm back.


So until then, no hiking, no running, nor jogging (like I ever go running? ha!), no swimming (our pool opens next week), no yoga (whhaaaah!), no deep bending (no more litter box duty for me! - although it won't be an issue while I'm gone anyhow), no squatting (the alternative to bending - totally litter box duty exempt!), no lifting of anything more than 30 lbs (um, what about my luggage?), no wrestling (on the stairs nor with the boy-O, tickle fighting), and no bedroom play (*sniff, sniff*).

It could be A LOT worse. How about a strangulated hernia? Fun stuff, indeed!

4 comments:

◈lunaluna◈ said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Ern said...

Take care of yourself, and be careful in Europe.

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness! You be careful!

Anonymous said...

Boo on the hernia. Getting you out of household tasks isn't nearly worth it. I hope all goes well for it's treatment.