Friday, June 01, 2007

His Stuff v. Her Stuff - - The Battle Begins!

Wednesday night, when my honey-man returned to Vegas to stay, for the first time ever, we found ourselves trying to deal with the unpacking of my honey-man's stuff. At first, in his office, we were well focused (although he fought the inevitable, as to the inevitable placement of his desk). Moving downstairs though, the battle of 'His Stuff versus Her Stuff' began, as we tried to determine how to arrange our shared living space - -

OH and lucky for us, I happened to be in a generally foul, hormonally possessed mood, and my honey-man? Well, he was demonstrating his most loving ability to maintain his infinite patience whenever I'm feeling hormonal in the 'bad,' unwelcome way. Bless him.

The issue: What the hell should we do with his beloved couch.

I want it to sit at an angle. He wants it square against the wall.
The possible result of either positioning, well, I won't get into that.

Anyhow, while hashing it out, at one point I had looked away from him and as I turned round to face him again, he was writing the word 'NO' in the air, knowing this was what I was about to tell him in response to his latest suggestion. The comedy of the moment became very clear... and the next day, I giggled throughout the day, recounting how and for how long we had bickered. I just keep seeing him with his face all stern and pouty, writing the word 'NO' in the air...

It was great fun!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hurrah! for new digs. And for hiatus-ends! I'm sorry I've been MIA as of late, babe. I really appreciate you looking in on me. I have missed! you. smooches.

Unknown said...

Hee hee!

Ern said...

I'm so happy for you guys, despite the pluses and minuses of the situation. Getting to be together is a huge plus.

Also? Your mortgage is less than our rent = another plus of not living in California. :)

Amy said...

omg. your fella wins the prize for best behind the back response to an anticipated response. That would be the BBTB RTAAR award.

Ahem.