Thursday, March 08, 2007

To Blog or Not to Blog

I've been a Bloglines user for a couple years now, and I think that I just somehow wiped out all my RSS feeds, but I don't know how or why or how to fix it... all I know is that THEY ARE ALL GONE!?! [panic sets in] - - Oh, wait! After having just crapped my pants, nearly throwing a fit, I see there's a message from Bloglines: "There is a problem with the database. Please try again later." WOW. Guess I'm just a bit toooo attached to my Bloglines account, eh?

Speaking of blogging, as of this past Valentine's Day, I've had this blog for 2 years! And a couple weeks ago, while my step-mum was in town, she asked me why on earth I maintain a blog, posting such personal info. online for open public access. I think I fumbled in the explanation I'd offered her, but here it is:

In no order of importance, Reasons Why I Blog:

#1, Simply put, I'm a very silly person;
#2, I'm very open about most aspects of my life;
#3, I like to write out my thoughts and experience;
#4, It's a very therapeutic outlet;
#5, I enjoy making lists;
#6, A guilty confession: I really like memes;
#7, It helps me recall and remember;
#8, Electronic journaling is more convenient than longhand;
#9, Posting to the Internet allows me to do the following: Keep those friends and family who are aware of my blog up to date in a sometimes silly, yet very personal kind of way... even if it is only online.
#10, Open 'publishing' to the Internet has allowed me to find/meet people through my blog who, otherwise, I never would have never found!

Yes, blogging can be a very personal, self-exposed, self-contrived, and self-possessed outlet, but really, I enjoy it and for whatever reasons up to now, blogging makes me, well, it makes me happy! 'Nuff said.

No comments: