Wednesday, April 05, 2006

3 More Days until the MS Walk! NEED your Moolah, People!

Things have kinda been set back in the last few days for the fact that last Sunday, I had a minor motorbike accident... No one was seriously hurt, but I've been at home for the last 3 days with my left foot up, occasionally daring to maneuver about the house on cruches, but generally restricted to either the couch or my bed. It's real fun (total lie). I don't yet have any pictures to share -- 'member, I don't have my digicam anymore, for now... But my honey-man took some pictures with his very antique digital camera the first day, when my lovely contusion was about the size of a plump plum. I took a few more pics on Monday, when my whole foot had swollen up, skin all tight, like a blown up surgical glove, except we're talking about my left foot here. Once my honey-man can upload the pics, I'll happily share.

I'm hoping to be back to work tomorrow -thank goodness for sick leave and job security - and hopefully then, I'll have my friend Daly take not only a picture of my lovely black n' blue foot, but a picture of the pants I had been wearing on Sunday. The pants are the best!

For now, if you haven't done so already, pretty please donate for this Saturday's upcoming 2006 MS Walk - - I'm no where near my fundraising goal right now! We're stuck around $590!?! I need your help, people! <-- Link here! I can't do this without you! Help me keep my Popstar and others like her around! Check out my earlier posts, telling my friend Poppy Johnston's story ~ THANK YOU!

ADDITIONAL LAST NOTE: No, I won't be walking in the MS Walk this year, with or without my purply, swollen foot, but it's okay because I've been working on the MS Walk Committee and will most likely be dealing with walk registration and behind the scenes stuff on Saturday. That doesn't mean though that I can't try to drum up some funds to support the cause!

No comments: