Wednesday, April 12, 2006

My Left Foot

Mmmkay - here's a brief update: I'm back in the office with an iffy back this week, bumming rides to and from, working the crutches (ooohhh my arms! what a workout!?!), generally couched most of the time with my still-can't-bear-any-weight-on-it, got-a-swollen-fat-seriously-deeply-bruised left foot, trying to wrap up my thesis, having been granted a 10-day due date extension (now May 24th - praise all that is holy!) since I was completely out of it all of last week. [deep intake of breath]

No, I still don't yet have any uploaded photos to share of the split pants or the fat left foot. BTW, last Thursday was when my foot looked its very worst, fully bloated, deep dark purple with a lovely dark olive green sheen, and man, I wished I'd had my digicam then!! It was absolutely gnarly lookin' (revealing my 80s roots)! And last Saturday night, my foot began this bizarre, freakish, inexplicable peeling/sloughing of dead skin like nothing else I've experienced - - and it hasn't yet stopped. VERY gross. I think it's due to the poor circulation of my foot, resulting from all the mashed blood vessels and the contusions, plus some genetics.

On a more positive note: Between online and cash/check donations given to support my participation in the 2006 Las Vegas MS Walk, although we didn't hit my $1,500 goal, nor did we meet my last year's total ($1429), $1250 ain't bad, eh? In just two weeks? Not what I had hoped for - BUUHHHT, not bad at all. THANKS to EVERYONE WHO CHIPPED IN! YER ALL AWESOME!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Annejelynn, just BE CAREFUL, sweetie! Take it easy.

Hugs!

Anonymous said...

Well, crutches inspire sympathy - I say milk it for all it's worth.

Recovering Mormon said...

Nope, $1250 ain't bad for a crippled girl with leprosy-like skin afflictions. When it rains...it freakin'pours, huh? See you at brunch baby!

xoxoR

Kerri Anne said...

Crutches are the new black. Heal well babe!