Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Online Unwind

Soooo - my paper - it's 'done' technically and it's been handed over for faculty review. It's crap, but it's done - for now. My defense will be next week. Most likely, I'll pass with contingencies and I'll graduate on May 13th. woo-hoo.
Please pardon my present lack of enthusiasm... Let me explain myself.

Tonight, I came home from work around 6:15-ish and almost immediately, I crutched over to the couch (yes, STILL using crutches) to turn on my laptop for some much wanted, much needed online unwind time. While my compooter powered on, I talked on the phone with a friend, catching up since my disappearance months ago from nearly all social contact. Once my compooter was up and running, I was happy to see each "wireless internet strength indicator bar" was bright limey green = excellent internet connection ready to go-go! ~ I click on my lil' Firefox QuickLaunch icon annnd - and? - and nuthin' - - I click again - double click - click - click, click - - and still zippo. I restart my compooter. Same thing again. So I give up momentarily to attend to my growling stomach, crawling on my hands and knees into the kitchen, and I finish my call, 20 minutes later. At that time, I call my honey-man, who asks what I've got planned for my evening - - "eat dinner, surf the web, veg a bit and go to bed," BUT my internet isn't working. He tells me to unplug both my modem and router, let them sit a couple minutes, power the modem back on, wait 5 minutes and then plug in the router... been there, done that - sounds easy enough. Will do.

I unplugged them both and quickly finished my dinner before returning to my bedroom to power the modem back on. With the modem back up and running, not wanting to crawl or crutch off to anywhere else, I then plopped on my bed with my boys to wait five minutes before turning the router on. I laid on my stomach with a fuzzy soft kitty neck within reach of each hand... Nearly two hours later - phone ringing - I woke up!

So why am I less than ecstatically enthused about my upcoming graduation? I. AM. TOO. EXHAUSTED. So for now, I'm off to bed - and tomorrow? Well, tomorrow, I'll - I'll - - Zzzzzzzz...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You obviously needed that "5 minute" nap. :)

Take care of you Annejelyn! Woo for finishing!

Elizabeth said...

I'm sure that your paper is great, girl.

Now get some rest.