Friday, August 08, 2008

I'sah Gummi Bear Hostess

To left is the bummy end, the head to the right...

We now have a "gummi bear" (measures 1.6 cm, almost 1.7 cm) as the sonogram tech had put it so sweetly. Sooo, we still have what literally looks like a viable pregnancy. In 15 minutes I'll be leaving with my honey-man for a consult with my OB to discuss this latest sonogram and last week's biopsy and blood work. So, we'll hopefully know more in a matter of a couple hours!

*UPDATE* My biopsy results were of 'moderate' risk, versus the 'high to severe' risk as previously found by my last PAP. So moderate is better than high, however, if I weren't pregnant, they would be shaving my cervix and freezing my uterus lining... but I AM pregnant, sooo instead, they'll be watching me like a hawk for the next several months. For now, the plan is simply to have another colposcopy four weeks from now. As for my blood work, my HCG levels are exactly where they should be, remarkably enough. My progesterone levels are lil' low though... not super low, but not where they need to be. They want a '15' and I have an '11.5,' so they've put me on a progesterone prescription that I'll take for at least a month to prevent miscarriage. They've also decided that I'll be on Macrobid antibiotics for the duration of my pregnancy in order to avoid another kidney infection, since the first gave us no clues to its existence until it was full blown and already septic. One more thing: Once I'm at 4 months (that's 2 months from now), I'll be referred to a perinatologist (a high risk obstetrician) because they have access to crazy-good sonogram machines and equipment for testing and various other resources a regular doc doesn't have. They want to be certain our gummi bear is developing as it should, so I guess that's all good. Thanks again to everyone for their prayers and enthusiasm.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bless your heart, and your Gummi Bear.

Kranki said...

How exciting. And delicious.

Suzanne said...

It's been a couple of hours...
Love Ya!!!

Nico said...

yay! I'm so happy for you Angie!!

Kati said...

My fingers and my toes are all crossed for you!

Amanda said...

My mom introduced me to the wonderfulness that is your blog! It's so much fun! I'm so excited for you, I hope everything is still going well!

Anonymous said...

Yay for you and your honey man and gummy bear too!
xoxo