Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Losing Amber

The song "Breath Me" by Sia keeps playing over and over in my head... When the 2008 Summer Olympic Games began, VISA began running a particular commercial on TV and the background music really caught my attention. I had to find out what it was (the ad kept making me cry every time too... sooo hormonal). I found out who the song was from on the very night we found out about Amber, about an hour before we heard the news... and ever since, it's amazing how much this song speaks to me as to how Amber may have been feeling in the her last few months, every time she had to suffer through a rise and fall.

Here are some of the lyrics that seem most applicable with Amber in my mind, when I listen to this song...

...I have lost myself again
Lost myself and I am nowhere to be found,
Yeah I think that I might break
Lost myself again and I feel unsafe

Beyond the heavy pains of grief and loss that he must deal with, my cousin Trevor has an overwhelming financial load that threatens to stop him in his tracks, with funeral costs and massive medical bills from before Amber's death, and now childcare expenses for two ahead of him.

Again, if you feel you'd like to help Trevor and his two young children through this devastating loss, you can donate for their family by either making a visit to your local Wells Fargo Banking Center or go online to 'Wells Fargo Online' to make a 'Transfer to Another Customer'. The account number is 8888362459 (routing #12105278), called the 'Amber Jacobson Memorial Fund' in the name of Jeremy Wright (the administrator of the trust).
Thank you much.

No comments: