Monday, June 09, 2008

Shoved Off Course

This past weekend, we went to Ogden, UT to attend the wedding luncheon and lovely reception of my honey-man's former spouse's uber cutie niece... Yes, those unfamiliar with my mega-extended family orientation, it happens to include the family of the angel boy-O's mommy too ~ They are a most delightful group that has essentially adopted me into their family, and I love them all!

BACK TO MY STORY: After a most excellent, most enjoyable wedding weekend, playing and hanging with Wendy's clan, we returned home yesterday. And after the 6-hour drive together, back to Vegas, with Wendy staying overnight until her own return drive home to LA this morning, I thought it'd be nice for us to have a lil' girlie-girl time together on the couch with my hot paraffin tub, but we needed some more paraffin pellets. With a store just around the corner, I ran off to pick some up some before the store would close at 6 pm...

With my bought paraffin pellets in a bag thrown beside me in my car's passenger seat, I was headed back home, no more than 10 minutes from the time I'd left. Having barely rolled to a complete stop at a stop sign that's clearly visible from our own bedroom window, I was violently struck from behind, hard enough that my car was shoved all the way out into the street I'd been waiting to make my turn on to. What fantastic luck, eh? Just wait... it gets better.

The driver was an unaccompanied minor driving with a permit with a vehicle she does not own, insured only by the actual owner of the car to whom she is merely making payments, and the insurance card she gave me lists the owner's insurance policy expired as of 4/8/08, and the driver has no insurance of her own. Fun stuff, indeed.

1 comment:

Daly said...

Suffering succotash!! That's just wrong.