Monday, June 09, 2008

Hooray for Leslie & Freecycle!

Sooo, over our wedding weekend in Ogden, Wendy's lovely sister, Leslie brought up the subject of Freecycle.com and the timing could not have been better - - ever heard of Freecycle? I had before, but I'd totally forgotten about it! You can post things online via Freecycle that anyone might want (and you can ask for things too) and it's all FOR FREE; it's not just the listing you post online for free, but the actual items listed. It's basically meant for things that you don't want to bother selling for money, nor do you want them sitting in a landfill.

As I'd mentioned recently, we bought a new sectional couch set that includes a queen-size pull out sofa bed, but we gotta get rid of what we've had first, especially SOON because we found out today that the new set up will be delivered this very Wednesday!?! Only last week did it occur to me that I'd really have to figure out some way to get rid of these beauties and quick.

Here's the long one with it's couch cover...
And here's the two WITHOUT couch covers!?!
I'd bought these lovelies off of my old roomie, Helen (she was 83 at the time), for $100 when she'd announced her plans to sell her home so she could live with her sister. I was to get an apartment of my own and the two pieces were far better than nothing. [TRIVIAL SIDE NOTE: The DVD spindle seen on the smaller of the two was meant to indicate some scale for those interested.]

Well, not more than a couple hours ago, I posted these oh-so beautiful beastie couches online via Freecycle and guess what?! = They'll be gone by tomorrow afternoon!?! We are saved!

I LOVE FREECYCLE!
And Thank YOU again to Leslie, for putting that Freecycle-bee in my bonnet!

No comments: