Saturday, October 27, 2007

Sleigh Bells Ringing, Already?

I went to Michael's to take advantage of their 50%-off sale for all wall frames (cuz we got wedding pictures to hang, baby!). All of their Halloween gear was on sale too, but I was a very good girl and bought none of that stuff... the frames, however? Anyhow, they also had their Thanksgiving holiday displays set up in full glory, ready for the next major winter holiday... along with Christmas and Hanukkah -?!? What the?

At some point, a woman standing in the same framing aisle turned to me as Bing Crosby began to swell over the store intercom system, and she said she couldn't believe they were playing Christmas music already - - and I agreed, and told her it's totally freakin' me out too. Then, another woman, much older than us with a high class, well put together look, with a very Better Home & Gardens magazine-like appearance, who we hadn't noticed standing just behind us both, she spoke up next to say the following: "If you ask me, it's just f***ing absurd."

Um, yeah - what she said...

1 comment:

Daly said...

Doesn't having all the Christmas stuff displayed and on sale make you feel rushed? Ba Humbug -- I'm ready to celebrate Easter already!! ;)