Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Sweet Potato Convenience

Sunday, once we were sure zee stepmum was safely on her way back to Iowa without a rerouting of her flight to Topeka, KA (for hell's sakes!), my sister and I finally let our full day of shopping come to an end, going home to her apartment for some din-din . [Our definition of 'Shopping': We wander from store to store, coveting various things we do not need, nor should we buy, either denying the other's personal style, or confirming for one another that that thing, whatever it may be, is indeed, the cutest thing we've ever seen.]

Our dinner consisted of steamed green beans (very, very good - and good for you!) and buttery sweet potatoes (ohh sooo good - and an excellent source of fiber and vitamin A!), and for dessert, we shared a vanilla frozen custard with LOTS of added maraschino cherries (my sister's suggestion - and we are sooo not good for each other!)...


Have you ever seen the shrink-wrapped, perfect-for-one-person sweet potatoes you can buy and prepare in the microwave as is? - - Well, I hadn't ever. I was very impressed! And they even come with their own explicit microwaving instructions (see below)...


This is the part that just kills me =

"Product may whistle while in microwave."

I was imagining someone unaware of the very real whistling factor; someone not knowing of the likely possibility, when microwaving root foods, that they will, indeed, 'whistle' and do so quite loudly = I just died laughing.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Tell me, does it whistle anything specific? Yankee Doodle Dandy, perhaps?

Daly said...

If I was put into a microwave, I might whistle too...or do something cheery in my last seconds. Whistling potatoes are real!