Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Mmmm, Cuppy-Cakey Guhhooodness!

On the 19th, while in Cali with my honey-man, I took this picture shown further below for my sister... See, we have a lil' shop here in Las Vegas called the Cupcakery and she LOVES it, and she will gush about it to some degree whenever we simply drive by on the way to her apartment...

But until this past weekend, I had never actually partaken of the sickeningly sweet, fresh baked, uber moist, ultra rich and delicious yummy goodness that is the Cupcakery. Well, with my step-mum in town, she bought a dozen of the Cupcakery's lil' cupcakes to take back home with her to her office - - but because her return flight to Iowa on Saturday was cancelled due to the super nasty midwestern ice storm (but not until she was less than 20 minutes from landing in Cedar Rapids, rerouted then to Topeka, KA, before being sent all the way back to Las Vegas!!!), we got to keep each one ~ a whole dozen! And soooo finally this past weekend, I discovered the real joys of 'gourmet' cupcake delights = and ohhhh my... [Relevant Note: The word 'Gourmet,' is also known as a tidy euphemism for 'EXPENSIVE' and 'PRICEY' - but they are that GUHHOOD! -and one must admit, the portion size is quite convenient.]
My very first, the delightful cream filled Boston Dream, and for my 2nd, for my breakfast, no less special than my first, the Grasshopper...and for lunch on Sunday, the 'Oh My Gosh, Ganache,' followed by the azaming Coconut Bliss, eaten while riding in the car to the Fashion Show mall... and the Mocha Mocha, eaten with a tall glass of milk, post-day-long-shopping excursion. Yup, that's FIVE different cupcakes in a 24 hour period... 4 of which were eaten in less that 12 hours' time... I have no regrets.


Cupcakes for breakfast, cupcakes for lunch, cupcakes for dinner...I could
live with that.

Here's the Beverly Hills version, Sprinkles
~ obviously, a hot spot...

Their line at Sprinkles was almost to the street corner - for cupcakes!!?!

And here's just a purty nyce street view from a lowly lil' parking space in Beverly Hills near Sprinkles.

P.S. My sister's favorite at the Cupcakery is the Southern Bell, and mine is the Coconut Bliss.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wait... are you telling me there are places--shops--where one can buy JUST CUPCAKES? All kinds of delightful, yummy, delicious CUPCAKES? A CUPCAKERY?!

Ooooo... my scale is SO not gonna like this... do you think they'll ship to Northern Illinois?