Monday, February 05, 2007

Quittin' Time

On Saturday, I was 'oriented,' and on Sunday, I drove to work in the dark, arriving at 6 am for my first 8-hour long shift... and by 8 pm last night, I went back in and I quit. Yup, no more part-timer job, at least for now, and NOT that one.

Time for a wise observation:

What characterizes most immature people is that they sit around complaining that life doesn't meet their demands.

Listen up (directed to myself)!: It's time to stop complaining, although you haven't exactly been sitting around on your arsey, complaining... but anyhow, you need to stop it. Just QUIT it! You need to refocus your energy toward something more productive and more proactive. You need to HAVE SOME FAITH!!! This is just a transitional phase... yes, just another phase you're going through is all...[Although my whole life has felt like one big transitional phase, but hey? that's life!] --- Noooo, that last bit in [ ] wasn't a complaint, because #1, it's simply a statement of fact, and #2, the ending uses a dismissive acceptance statement, equivalent to 'life's tough' and that's that!!

2 comments:

Ern said...

Oh my word, chica, transitions SUCK! You are so right. I don't deal with them well at ALL, but knowing that, and realizing that it is finite is half the battle. Hang in there.

Amy said...

There ain't no better faith than saying "I quit" and looking forward to something better.

You march on, my little soldier of transition.