Friday, February 02, 2007

She's Leaving 'Home'

It's Friday - - normally a very good work day for me, and not just because it's the last work day of the week! See on Fridays, I can always score rock star parking, and I get to listen to my music kinda loud in my office while I get super caught up at work, since our foot traffic slows to a random drip on Fridays. And on Fridays, I have time for a real lunch hour!

But this Friday? Already, it's absolutely awful! (
Although the very first of it, while still in bed, spooning with my honey-man? that was wonderful!) Right now, I'm parked out in the major boonies and had to haul in 3 heavy-loaded paper grocery sacks, a plate of Amish Friendship Cake (not bread, but CAKE), and my own massive work tote. Mind you, I brought it all in one haul (why? - umm, cuz I'm INSANE?!?). The music, I can still enjoy, but I'll be on the phone a lot today, soooo not so much today... And... and... and... well, despite the lousy parking and the limited tunnage, those are really just totally lame-o, totally stalling excuses for why this Friday is so terrible = it's really because it's my assistant's last day.

Over the last week or so, I've told her that I'm not letting her go; That she has to stay; That she can't leave me. This morning, she's off to a training session for her new job, already. It's good too, cuz after hauling all that stuff in, nearly overwhelmed by the aching in my shoulders and the fear that my arms were about to fall off before I could set down the damn cake, if I'd seen her at that time? I would have burst into tears, bawling like a baby!

Directed towards 'she' who is leaving me - I mean, leaving our department: I want you to know that I think this is a very, very good move for you, and I know you'll do soooo well in your new position; I have NO doubt. And I also know, as was the case here, your new co-workers will absolutely love you in a matter of days! You've been great to work with, and in general, it's just been wonderful to have you around; you're a delight on a daily basis, my dear! You have always been a fabulous help; so resourceful and crafty, sharp and reliable; and your patience and the earnest sharing of your feelings? Ah! I'm vehclempted! I will really, really miss working with you, and I hope you know that I love you! Yer awesome, chica!

1 comment:

Daly said...

Oh, Annejelynn...what can I say without going into a fit of tears?! I am going to miss working with you, hearing your stories first-hand, and the best Amish Friendship Cake ever!!

The upside is we will be able to go to lunch on a Friday and not have to close the office because both of the full-timers are gone. We still hafta go to that salad place (soon).

Bwaa...who am I kidding? This sucks and I AM GOING TO MISS YOU VERY MUCH!!