Thursday, September 28, 2006

A New Personal Rule of Conduct - #1

I will not throw away anything with water content in my office trash, not ever again.

UPDATE; An explanation for Kati: I had had a forgotten conglomeration of various very moist food items I'd thrown away in my office trash can... When I removed the trash liner from the trash can, I set it on my lap (why? WHY, oh why?) to tie the liner bag shut before setting it out in the hallway [SIDE NOTE: My office is not keyed on the master key, so custodians can't collect my trash unless I set it outside my door before leaving work.]... Anyhow, so I set the damn thing on my lap (WHAT AN IDIOT!) and the liner leaked very wet and very stinky trashy-food-juices (EWWW!) alllllll over me; yup, nasty trash juices soaked right through my pants, etc. Indeed, the worst thing I could do: place a trash bag of any kind on my lap (why? WHY!?! wwwwhyy?).

Although the floor would have been a much better choice on which to set the trash liner, either way would have resulted in a wet, sticky, oh-so-freakin'-smelly mess.

It took me days to recover from the incident.

ANOTHER NOTE: An earlier post, "Lesson Learned" has been updated... it's now "A New Personal Rule of Conduct - #2"

2 comments:

Effie said...

OH dear--this sounds bad!!

I'm almost scared to ask.....

Kati said...

I HAVE to ask... What on earth happened?