Tuesday, September 05, 2006

#29: "Muskrat Love"

I found something that I must share! Earlier today, I was trying to unhook for a moment (via blogging and the internet - - NOTE TO SELF: A break from work should, at best, involve LEAVING WORK!), so I decided to check out AOL Music's latest streaming music compilations and their "Top 11 Videoes" for some new tunage to listen to while working. Instead, I discovered a most amusing list: "The 111 Wussiest Songs of All Time"

And soooo, it's official: I'm a big fat wuss (not that we didn't already know this, but there's now even more proof to attest to my sappiness)! The very fact that, ooohh, I've happily and repeatedly listened to at least a couple dozen or more songs from the 111 listed most wussiest songs in just the last week? In fact, just this last Saturday, after playing in Santa Monica at the beach, I'd deliberately chosen America's Greatest Hits album for our drive home. And further, on that drive home from the beach, for my honey-man and the angel boy-O, I sang -word for word- #29 from AOL's 111 most wussinest songs list...

It's a fun list to check out though! The published Editor's note alone, as follows, is amusing enough, I think:


"Editor's Note: This list was compiled by real-live wusses (and some who have actually dated wusses) from Los Angeles (Bread country) to Dublin (land of Gilbert O'Sullivan). Our panel of wussperts limited the selections to songs from -- and relevant to -- the rock 'n' roll era: no '40s crooners, no show tunes, no Anne Murray. When compiling, we picked one selection to represent each artist: If you want 15 Barry Manilow numbers, please buy his greatest hits. Most importantly, the songs were selected for their inherent wussness, regardless of quality. Some are loathed, some are cherished (doh, we forgot 'Cherish'!) . . . all are wussy."

2 comments:

Amy said...

I love Muskrat love!

Cherish gives me nightmares of grade ten though.

And the ultimate wuss song has to be
Thats what friends are for.

GREAT. Now I will have it in my head all day tomorrow.

Anonymous said...

I SO want a t-shirt that just says "Wusspert."

Awesome.