Thursday, September 21, 2006

At 8pm, the Top 5 Most Requested Songs of Today

So earlier tonight, around 7:50-ish, I was on my way to the grocery store to buy some missing essential oatmeal cookie ingredients (like, say oatmeal!?!). I was listening to radio station 94.1 FM, and they announced that it was the last chance to call in one's favorite request before today's Top 5 most requested songs would be played in five minutes, starting at 8pm.

NOTE: I haven't called a radio station to request a song since I was 21 - ? - It's been at least a decade.

Next thing I knew, I whipped out my cell phone, dialing the request line as the DJ listed off the phone number... Ring, ring, ring, ring... and they answer:

"Hello, 94.1 FM..."

"Hi, I'd like to request Ok Go's "Here it Goes Again, please!"

"Ohhkaay. Will do, sweetheart. Thanks for calling 94.1..."

And I hung up, giddy like a school girl... And then I managed to make it out of the grocery store in time to hear the end of song #3 of the Top 5... and I drove home listening to song #2 and sat in the driveway as it ended, waiting to hear song #1...

"And today's most requested song, 'Here it Goes Again,' by Ok Go!"

Very Nyce.

3 comments:

san said...

come on, you really believe that someone besides you called in for that song?? ;)

Effie said...

very cool!

I finally got through to the radio station yesterday to qualify for the "All-inclusive paid trip to Cuba" that was drawn this morning--nope, I didn't win!

Susie said...

Hi, cutie. Just catching up here. Your engagement ring is lovely and original, like you. Hope you're happily Berninaing.