Thursday, September 14, 2006

Bernina Bliss

Last Saturday, I was finally able to attend my Bernina Basics Orientation class in Pasadena, where my honey-man had bought my lovely Bernina sewing 'computer' - - they don't call it a "sewing machine," but a "sewing computer" - ha! Yeah, I've had my new Bernina since my MPA graduation in May (!?!?), BUT the thing was just far too intimidating to try out on my own - - I'm not kidding. Not only did I not have the time to sit down and devote the hours needed to make sure I could operate it properly, I was simply afraid I'd break it or mess it up with all those buttons and settings.

The Bernina dealer didn't offer a weekend orientation class until last weekend = yes, not one weekend course until September!?! All of the previously scheduled orientation classes were for weekdays from 10am until 4pm... for people who don't work during the weekdays, obviously.

So anyhow, I registered for the very 1st weekend class offered and it didn't happen until last weekend, but it did finally happen AND it happened on my mother's birthday - - quite appropos and more than I'd thought it would, it made for a very emotional day.

To give the short of it (too late), my machine is ABSOLUTELY AMAZING and all throughout the training, I was oohhing and ahhing, wowing and 'holy cow'-ing, in a constant state of awe, swearing under my breath and tearing up about every 5 minutes. I was a happy girl, a very happy girl.

Thank you, my sweet honey-man ~ what a show of support for my personal interests!

P.S. - It was a darn good thing I'd waited to try out my machine like I had! One very capable woman who was also in my training class showed up with one thing she'd broken and another thing she'd damaged in her efforts to try learning the machine on her own!

2 comments:

san said...

wow ... that is awesome! what's going to be your first project?

Anonymous said...

It's cool when you take a class and it actually pays off.
You should make a hankie for your first project. In case you tear up again,ha,ha..