Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Christmas 'Secret' Revealed

IMPORTANT "P.S." for parents listed at the bottom of this post!
Although I had refused at the time to share any details regarding the Christmas 'secret' I had been working on for my honey-man (previous post here), let me say this: Those size-7 boys jammies I had been sewing were soooo NOT solely responsible for my throwing my back out the day before Christmas Eve day...
It was this bad boy:

I've made several patchwork projects before - even Christmas stockings - so I was well aware of the pain/time investment involved, but this one was the hardest, most painful yet ~ but well worth it, nonetheless, I think. What do you think?

P.S. See the "Safe Side" DVD in the lower right corner of the pic? ALL parents with kids under the age of 10 should buy this DVD! I HIGHLY recommend it, a hundred times over and over, as does my honey-man's angel boy-O, who willingly wanted to watch it 7 TIMES in a 48 hour period without any coercion on my part, really! Honest! I swear. BUY IT NOW, HERE!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh!That's beautiful!

Thanks for the scoop on the DVD -- my kids have been asking for it, too!

Isabel said...

Oh wow, that is pretty! Great job.

Anonymous said...

It looks amazingly just like a stocking my ex-girlfriend made for me about 3 years ago. I gave it back after we broke up, along with everything else she every gave me because she broke my heart. I'm glad I did because I would never had enjoyed it because it reminded me of her.

Anonymous said...

what were you thinking, dude?! you should've kept it! a sock or stocking can be useful for the single dude...it must be because after every breakup, I noticed that every matching sock of mine would disappear!!