Wednesday, January 04, 2006

31 Years Old Now

Some things I hadn't thought would be the case at age 31.

1. I never thought I'd be in love with someone who is 10 years my senior.
2. I never would have imagined that I'd be given semi-parent access to someone's child; a most gorgeous 7 year old angel boy-O, who I love so much I think at times my heart could burst.
3. I never thought it'd be so much work to stay in shape ~ or that I'd miss the body I had in my twenties = I finally appreciate my 20-something years.
4. I never thought I'd get up enough guts to get my butt back in school for a graduate degree.
5. And I would have never guessed my area of study would be Public Administration.
6. I never would have imagined I'd get along so well with my parents as I do now, today.
7. I thought I'd have children of my own by now (I know, I know = I still have time).
8. I never thought I'd live in Las Vegas and for so long - over six years?!?
9. I never thought I'd EVER consider moving to Los Angeles, better yet, plan to MOVE there?!?!?
10. I never thought I'd have a wrinkle crinkle between my eyebrows already!
11. I still love to sneeze juhsst as much as I did when I was a kid.
12. I still feel like a kid whenever there's snowy weather.
13. I still want and seek my parents' approval.
14. I never thought I'd get divorced.
15. I thought I'd have a house of my own by now.
16. The memory of my mother hasn't faded.
17. I still remember the sound of her laugh.
18. I still wish and want to be like her.
19. I still don't particularly care for olives.
20. Nor do I like guacamole.
21. I still have food issues based on texture before flavor.
22. I still don't like to drink carbonated beverages.
23. I still wish I had played some kind of sport in high school.
24. I still hope to someday visit Thailand.
25. I still hope to someday learn how to play all my mother's piano music.
26. I never thought I could justify buying a laptop of my own with a functioning PC at home, but now I don't have to, since my parents gave me one for my birthday/early graduation gift!?! woo-hoo! I'm using it write now as I type!
27. I still cry openly when given significant, meaningful gifts.
28. I still have a hard time keeping my mouth shut when excited about a gift I have to give for someone.
29. I still feel guilty about some things - minor things - I did during my childhood.
30. I'd still rather be a gullible, trusting fool, than a cranky, bitter cynic.
31. I don't feel like I'm 31 - I still feel like a kid most of the time.

9 comments:

Recovering Mormon said...

Happy Birthday, sweet, sweet Annegelynn! The 30's are the best. You will see your life open up like a flower. I'm glad I'll be around to witness that!

xoR

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday Sweet Annejelynn! I hope its the best one yet for you! ;)

Elizabeth said...

Happy birthday darlin. You make 31 look good, girl.

Happy and Blue 2 said...

Happy Birthday. As long as you keep dreaming you will always be a kid..

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Annejelynn. I hope you keep living with the same spirit and heart... because you are darn wonderful As Is.

Daly said...

I didn't know you never cared for olives. Well...welll-may you stay 31 years old forever and ever until you like olives darn it!! HAPPY, HAPPY B-DAY!! (Someone must really think the world of you to give you a laptop for your birthday/early graduation gift)

honkeie said...

well happy be lated birfday! If i did a list like that i think it would hit 1000 in no time flat! We are on the same page on soooo may things its scary and I am only 29 soon to be 30....why me god why!!?!!

Effie said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Oh Wow--31's gonna be a GREAT year for you!

Hugs and also (all the stuff I missed)
MERRY CHRISTMAS!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

and for today:
HAPPY 12TH DAY OF CHRISTMAS!

Ern said...

Happy (belated) birthday! Aside from throwing your back out ;) you don't seem to be a day over 25.

Sounds like you had a wonderfully Merry Christmas in spite of the injury.