Wednesday, December 13, 2006

My "I Hit a Cow" Story, Part VII ~ Who's at Fault?

Alrighty folks! (drumroll puhleeeze) Just moments ago, the final words were spoken and a mega huge sigh of relief was had by me! ~ Can ya guess what it is? oh come on, you can guess! [Yeah, I know - you can see it below at a glance - I'm just a cheese ball; so deal with it!]

Conclusion in Terms of Liability: Although traveling at the time through Idaho open range territory, the cows had not broken nor did they force themselves through any fence lines... Instead, with a 10 foot wide gap left open, it was found that the rancher hadn't properly maintain his fence lines = this means the cows simply wandered free, out of pasture and out on to the road... because of HIS negligence.

The Final Word: It's not my fault that I hit that poor cow.

P.S. A friend just wrote asking what this means for me, exactly =
It means I don't have to pay the rancher for the cow, nor do I have
to pay for any of our medical bills... and it won't go on my driving
record as a negative mark!

No comments: