Friday, December 01, 2006

Lotza Double-Takes Today...

[Big run-on sentence coming]
Since I never thought I'd still be in Vegas come this time of year -this being the COLD time of year- and not yet in L.A., I'd packed ALLL of my winter clothes, now in boxes that are buried deep, deep, deep amongst a gazillion other boxes in my storage unit, and where they are in storage exactly, I have no idea cuz I never thought to take note or keep them in an accessible location, as I never thought I'd need to know, since I never thought I'd still be here, dammit!!! [For those who may be questioning me, MY DEFINITION OF 'COLD': It was 36 degrees yesterday morning = that's COLD!] And so, I have only a few long-sleeved items (3/4 sleeve, at best for most) that I've been wearing over and over again for the past several weeks now. PLUS, I have no warm winter coats - - those too are all packed, along all my scarves, gloves, and ski gear, including long underwear, all of which I'll need to locate real soon, since we'll be going to Keystone again this year, for the week of New Years.

Anyhow, seeing that the nice black, wool and cashmere blended pea coat my aunt had lent me in mid-October was ruined (see pic further below), I've only recently (today) chosen a new option from her coat closet, shown above.
And lemme' tell ya, it's certainly festive, yes? and quite warm, thankfully.

I had stopped at Einsteins Bagels this morning, wielding a long-had, unused gift certificate from Christmas of last year, for the purchase of a scrumptious Cheddar Omelet breakfast sandwich on a toasted Six Cheese bagel [Yes, I realize; that's CHEESE, CHEESE, CHEESE, CHEESE, CHEESE, CHEESE AND MORE CHEESE! = YUMMY!]. Upon entering, and all the whilst standing in line, oh boy - - the looks I got? I almost had to laugh. Lots of double takes! I hadn't realized it was such an eye-catcher.
Do you see its hood? It dangles down, below the top of my bum!

Here's the cow crap-ruined pea coat:

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

The coat you are wearing is really nice. You are just so cute.
The other coat isn't as nice, ha,ha..

Unknown said...

Oh! I LOVE that sweater!! You look so warm and comfy in it!

You're adorable, darlin. ;)

Amy said...

You are totally rocking that long hood and that long hair, Annejelynn.

Anonymous said...

I think you look rather elf like. xoxoxles

Anonymous said...

Woo-woo!

Get down with your bad self, sister friend!

Seriously. Hawtness.

(And that seriously SUCKS about your cow-crap ruined pea coat. I never needed to know what happens to a cow when hit by a speeding car, and I am really wishing I hadn't scrolled DOWN-- poor moo cow!-- but still... all y'all were so lucky... Damn those Hunzekers and their free-roaming cows!)