Tuesday, October 03, 2006

I could see me doing this... heck yeah!

First time I watched this, the realist in me was all "How could they do this?" Imagine how many people scoffed at such an offer, I'm sure... and how many thought they were nuts? and thought they were just plain stupid... and How many suspiciously suspected some kind of perversion as the motive for such a thing? And then I thought, overwhelmed by tears, it is so sad that we wouldn't all jump at the chance for a free hug.

It's too bad that half of us are too scared to even offer up a pleasant 'good morning' to an unknown passerby. Some of us, we can't hardly look one another in the eye and offer a smile without the fear of rejection... It's so sad.


7 comments:

Unknown said...

C'mere and gimme a hug, dahlin...

I thought all of those things, too when I watched this.

san said...

It's strange, because I think I scared the mailman this morning when I "offered him a pleasant 'good morning'" ;)

Anonymous said...

This made me sooo happy! My whole office gathered around to watch. Even the non huggers smiled. Thanks for the lift. xoxxoxoles

Ern said...

Aww, this made me smile too. And tear up a little bit.

Anonymous said...

Me too! I've sent this link to so many people.

Mrs. Strizzay introduced me to it. It changes my day every time I see it.

Amy said...

Wah!
Crying at my desk. That was so sweet! And I don't even have sound!

Anonymous said...

FREE HUGS!

Am bawling right now, thankyouverymuch. But really. THANK YOU. And thank the makers of this youtube, whoever and wherever you are. This just made my week.

Here's to hugging. Anyone and everyone.