Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Why I Love Mah Honey-Man ~ Reason 19

On New Year's day, we went to see the new Sweeney Todd movie... and I was completely unfamiliar with the story, only knowing it involved a demonic, murdering barber...

When my honey-man found out I new nothing about the play, he challenged me with amused disbelief, and when I explained I only knew it was a musical (and I really didn't know it was a musical) about a demonic, murdering barber, he again challenged me, that if I new that much, I just had to be familiar with the story... When I insisted I knew nothing, he asked how I knew Sweeney Todd was a murdering barber...

And then I said, to my honey-man, who never watches TV nor YouTube or anything in terms of popular media, who even avoids movie trailers, so as not to spoil the stories,

"It's not too hard to guess when all the promotional media features a deranged looking man, brandishing a bloodied barber's straight razor, standing near a barber's chair."
His 'oh yeah, duh' chuckle is the very best. I just love him for it.

No comments: