Thursday, January 24, 2008

Time to Catch Up

I was talking to a friend last night, who asked me if I now had the time I need to catch up... The short answer is no. And the long of it? I'll spare you, really.

However, here's the very best indicator I can offer as to how I am sooo NOT catching up just yet: Our darling Christmas tree is still up (oh, yes!), as is every other winter holiday decoration we have, all of it still out, and I am at NO point along the whole put-it-away process. I haven't even begun.

This morning, another friend asked if I was excited to have this next weekend to recoup from all our holiday hub-bub and our recent Keystone trip...

My step-mum will be in town, arriving tonight to help my sister move into a new place, and I expect we'll be helping out with that. I also have a federal grant proposal to draft by tomorrow, and to complete in final form by Monday, and I've got two chapters of reading for a new course I'm taking this semester, ANNND my honey-man and I, we have a date planned for Saturday night! PLUS an early morning hike at Red Rock for Sunday. Oh yeah, and I've got a date with some girlfriends that Sunday afternoon too, to go see 27 Dresses.

It is all really good stuff, yes, but I have this feeling our Christmas tree will soon be ringing in the month of February!

No comments: