Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Owww! oh! oh no! Oh my...

Hope everyone had a most wonderful Chrimpus holiday! Yes? and Me? well, um, I had planned on sharing a Chrimpus post before now, and had also hoped to make the rounds before the 25th, wishing fellow bloggers the best... but what? Well, those size 7 boys jammers I had mentioned earlier? and my honey-man's secret present I needed to finish? The night of the 22nd, I spent hours sewing on 'em and it is now very clear to me that my early 20s are long gone = I can no longer use my sewing machine sitting on the floor.

The morning of the 23rd, I threw my back out. Yup, it was juhhst lovely. the initial pain? I had to crawl into the front room on my forearms and knees, ever soooo so SLOWLY, like a slug, in search of my cell phone. As I went, Otis and Owen were absolutely befuddled and they crept along beside me, around me, beneath me, in circles around me, wondering what the hell was up with this new posture I was sporting. I couldn't help but laugh at the situation though, eye-level with the kitties.

So basically the day was shot before it began. Instead of wrapping up some online stuff and some last minute gifts before packing the car and hitting the road for L.A., I laid flat on my back in bed, occasionally groaning a bit. Luckily, thanks to loads of rest, lots of ibuprofen, the dilegent alternating of applied heat and ice, and lots of loving advice and encouragement and coaching from my family in Iowa, I eventually made an uncomfortable drive to L.A. the next day, arriving in time for Christmas Eve - minus the rich "Market Street Grill" clam chowder or the marbled cheesecake or almondine honey veggies or any of the other items I'd planned on preparing for that evening.

Granted, this whole back thing brought most of my Christmas Eve and Day plans to a screeching halt... HOWEVER, this was my first Chrimpus in L.A. with both my honey-man and the angel-boy O ~ and that's the BEST! Frequently finding myself veclempted throughout the weekend, I've had a really good one despite the bad back! It's been a love-loaded holiday ANNNND I totally plan to share details and pics later, but right now, this sitting at the compooter is beginning to aggravate my back ~ Yeah, I'm not quite entirely okay just yet. Fingers crossed that I'll be able to ski the slopes of Keystone, CO next week - puhleeeze!?! Puhleeze let me be able to ski! puhleeze?
Wish me luck!
AND HAVE A HAPPY NEW YEAR!

8 comments:

Closet Metro said...

Hope your back comes back to normal soon so you don't miss out on any skiing.

Unknown said...

LUCK LUCK LUCK to you Lady Annejelyn! Bad backs are bummers, and I'm SOOO very glad it didn't mess up your holiday TOO MUCH. Fingers crossed that you're feeling much better and VERY SOON!

Happy and Blue 2 said...

If your back isn't ok for skiing you can always make up stories about hurting it on some killer run.
Glad you had a nice Christmas..

honkeie said...

Ouchy, hope you can go skiing even though I cannt stand it myself lol. Snow is evil!

Joseph said...

I hate back pain!!! I hope you feel better soon.

happy new year sweetie!!!

Happy and Blue 2 said...

Wishing you a very Happy New Year..

Amy said...

No! Not your back! I am SO feeling your pain. literally. Hope hope hope you are feeling better already. If not, remember, ice, not heat, is always better!

(from a gal who bin walking around with an ice pack down the back of her jeamz for two weeks.)

Random and Odd said...

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!