Monday, February 13, 2006

SPF - Love it, Not so much, and Me!

On behalf of SPF and Kristine, Kami had taken over last Friday's SPF theme - and I'm just getting around to it. Yes, I know it's no longer Friday, but hey, if I wanna play, I gotta play when I can - right?

#1 What I love about my home: I love that I have a washer and dryer available 24/7, for my own discretionary use AND it's right outside my patio door, tucked away in a double-doored closet. Why is it outside? Any person living in Vegas would prefer to have his/her dryer running outside = 1) much more quiet, 2) won't heat up my home interior, and 3) results in lower electricity bills. Another thing I love about my home: See the dark, open doorway behind Otis?
This is roomie's bedroom door. Now, see the other pic which shows a large frame on the wall, beyond Otis, who's looking back at me over his kitty shoulder? To the left of that wall with the large frame is my own bedroom door, on the complete and total opposite side of the front room/apartment, away from my roomie's.

This means that we don't share a bedroom wall between us. It is soooooo nyce. This aspect of my apartment's layout was what sold me on the place - that and the washer/dryer kept outside. Oh, and I also absolutely love my kitchen "passthrough" window.

#2 What I don't love about my home: I can't really think of anything I don't like about my current abode, other than the fact that I don't own it and pay rent for it. I could say I don't like the water heater(s), but that's hopefully now a thing of the past. There is one little thing, however: See the pic with the beige little box inserted into the lower part of an electrical outlet, with Owen standing off to the right side (he always sniffs it - I have no idea why)? One day, oh-so casually, I unplugged this box and immediately, the security alarm for my apartment went off, blaring like an ambulance siren! Thankfully, ya plug the damn thing back in and it'll quit right away, BUT the first time I discovered this deafening phenomenon? One of the alarm speakers is just to the right, above the bed and its sound-off is aimed directly at whomever unplugs that lil' beige box. I about had a freakin' heart attack! I swear! And Otis and Owen? They both poofed up like racoons, sprinting from the bedroom, to only be faced with double the alarm power in the front room, where two alarm speakers were sounding off! They were so rattled by the experience, their little hearts were still racing almost 20 minutes later.

#3 What I love about me: I love that my honey-man loves me!

5 comments:

Ern said...

Having a washer/dryer is NOT to be taken lightly! Sooooo wonderful. And WTF is the point of the siren? WEIRD!

Daly said...

I second that! After I had busted the washer when my bra tangled up the cloths around the center spindle thingie, I didn't know WHAT to do with myself. Calls to nearby coin-operated laundrymats were unfruitful as the thought of [gasp] handwashing settled into my head...it was just AWEFUL!! I will never take the washer for granted again. Now, each day as I pass by the new washer on my way in and out of the garage, I whisper, "Thank you for being a part of our family".

Maybe Otis gets a little jolt on his tush when he sniffs that box...

Rally said...

Forgive my Canadian Government Employee ignorance, but what the hell can a little box plugged into a wall have to do with a loud siren? I would be sitting there like an idiot, pulling it out, and putting it back in, just to make sure it was really that.

Ok, seriously though, what gives with that thing? Can someone explain to me the whole premise of it.

Oh and that whole stalking thing was really wierd....The boy has issues. Poor kid, he will grow up one day.

Elizabeth said...

I agree on the laundry facilities. I am ever so thankful for mine.

I love the "puffed up like little raccoons" alarm story. That cracked me up.

Sir Christopher said...

Like the cat.